The Planning & Zoning Department:
- Reviews all subdivision plats and site plans for compliance with Village Ordinances
- Reviews all zoning permit applications to ensure that new construction or building renovations comply with zoning regulations, including building setbacks, parking signage, etc.
- Administers enforcement of Village Ordinances
- Provides information regarding zoning and development to the public
- Establishes and updates Village Plans
- Maintains the Zoning Map
- Provides zoning verification letters
- Provides staff support and makes recommendation on land use for many boards and committees, including the Village Council, Board of Adjustment, Planning/Design Review Board, and Parks, Recreation and Greenway Board.
Reports & Plans
Planning & Zoning Staff
The Village of Marvin is pleased to announce the hiring of Hunter Nestor as the Planning & Zoning Administrator. Mr. Nestor has spent the last 3 years with Western Piedmont Council of Governments (WPCOG) in Hickory, NC as a Community and Regional Planner. During his tenure at WPCOG he served as the planner for five different municipalities and worked on various special projects including comprehensive land use plans, small area plans and PARTF grants. Prior to beginning his career with WPCOG, Hunter earned an undergraduate and graduate degree from Appalachian State University. Mr. Nestor earned a graduate degree in Public Administration with a focus in town, city and county management. During that time he completed several internships, including with the City of Conover and the Town of Troy. He was also the graduate assistant for the MPA program director and appointed to serve as the student representative to the Appalachian State Local Government Alumni Association and was the President for the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) student chapter. When Mr. Nestor is not working with local municipalities, he likes to spend time outside mainly on the golf course and on the lake with his family.
“Planning is a vital part of creating healthy and safe communities. I look forward to serving the Village of Marvin and using creative, collaborative strategies to achieve the community’s short- and long-term visons,” says Mr. Nestor.
The Planner and Zoning Administrator are two roles with overlapping responsibilities. The Planner takes care of all land use planning and transportation planning efforts, while the Zoning Administrator’s role is to handle development reviews, zoning permits and violations, and code of ordinance revisions.
Contact Planning & Zoning